Quest’s condition is continuing to improve and appears to be adjusting to his new celebrity status. Interviews with lovely reporters hoping to get beautiful pictures of our Gentle Giant being gentle were somewhat thwarted when our big bay Shire gelding appeared to develop an aversion to cameras. Maybe he is like me, I don’t have a “best side”…please just take photographs head on !
I feel (very ungratefully I am sure) that God was less than generous in certain parts of me but compensated when he designed my nose. I am almost certain that 99% of the photographs taken for the newspaper articles have panoramic views of my nasal protuberance. The other 1% possibly have Quest’s even bigger nose blocking out my whole face. We will see, I guess the articles are coming out in the Key Peninsula News and the Gateway soon. It’s sort of fun being an author !
Our “old guys” are still entertaining us. T Bone at 30 and Cooper at 20 (ish) are here for the Winter and are both more than determined to get their moneys worth !! T Bone is very inappropriately named. The old gelding is clearly showing his age in appearance, sway backed and gnarled, his stance is that of an old rocking horse that is no longer fit to play on. Legs splayed, arthritic joints and a bottom lip that flaps when he is excited cause concern when we are grooming…which way is he going to tumble ? T Bone has got it all worked out, if he jams his but into the corner of the stall, the wall will hold him up, he can reach the hay and his grain bucket. Smart horse !! ( and the wall will fall down ) T Bone’s body may be showing his age but like us all…mentally he is still a feisty two year old. Cooper just wants loving. Another big brown gelding, he is the young man of the duo at 20 (ish). Mornings as breakfast arrives Cooper’s alter ego kicks in and left alone in his stall, Cooper turns into the Whirling Dervish . Serene and calm while I am removing his snugly warm night rug and obedient and attentive while I am putting on his “playing out “ rug…Cooper is an equine dream. The minute I leave the stall, Cooper’s alter ego arrives and it sounds like there is a demolition team on a mission in Coopers stall…until I go and check him out and there he is, all “Cooperish” again. That’s what keeps us on our toes !! Life is good.
Carla is still enjoying the sun (?) in California, Quatre is temporarily back in Seattle and Michael, still wiping the sleep from his eyes is ready for another day. We are blessed with the WWOOFERs that we have been lucky to have found us but life is about to change again. Both Carla and Quatre are planning moving on with their lives and we are excited for them. Thank you, past and present for your love and support.
Got to go, I have another 5 layers of clothes to put on…MJ ( Fox 13) said it is going to be COLD!!!
Take care, keep warm and safe